Concrete lined pipes have many advantages over standard concrete pipes.
- Concrete lined pipes have a smoother surface, thus allowing for an easier flow rate. The abrasion resistance of the plastic liner is also superior than that of standard concrete
- The abrasion resistance of the plastic liner is also superior to that of standard concrete
- The pull-out strength of the liner is excellent at resisting ground water pressure
- The HDPE plastic in the make-up of the liner has excellent properties in the resistance against acid and corrosion.
- The clear benefits are both the strong rigidity of the concrete pipe with the added inert abilities of the HDPE to counter acid attack.
Concrete pipes are cast in limited lengths and thus need to be adequately sealed at each connection. Geo-line utilises superior extrusion welding equipment in conjunction with our trained staff, to securely weld each of these pipe connections with a HDPE capping strip.
On completion every individual weld is then spark tested and certified to be perfectly sealed. Geo-line offers a complete pipe welding and sealing solution from inception to completion.